The Grower, July 2020
As the world is slowly learning from the Covid-19 outbreak, the shellfish world has had a rocky ride. In this latest issue, there are 20 packed pages, expertly put together by Janet Brown. There are many change of dates noted, articles on Irish oysters, benefits of relaying shellfish in clean water, aquaculture awards, letters to the editor, mussels from Basta Voe, and seawater treatments in hatcheries.
The Grower, April 2020
Around these very uncertain times, we hope you have time to enjoy the latest Grower. We understand how challenging the future maybe, and we are hoping, as much as you, that this dreadful COVID-19 outbreak is over quickly. Please do stay safe, and contact us if you need to talk about the future.
The Grower, January 2020.
We hope 2020 brings a very good year filled with live shellfish, tasty meats, good growth, and a sensible return. Please enjoy the first Grower of 2020, which includes a Conference Report, CEO’s Column, Mussel Research news, Bonamia update, Biosecurity, NORA plans, a shellfish farmer profile, Crown Estate news, Science News and much more…
Latest Issues of The Grower
Further back issues
“The Grower” is the Newsletter of the Association of Scottish Shellfish Growers.
Advertising in the Grower 2020
“The Grower” is the Newsletter of the Association of Scottish Shellfish Growers. It is published quarterly in March, June, September December. It is distributed as hard copy to all members of the Association and to Government and Policy organisations and contributors. It is also published on the Association web site www.assg.org.uk and there is an extensive and highly targeted mailing list which extends its coverage to all parts of the globe.
The newsletter welcomes submission of any material relevant to the interests of shellfish farmers. Articles should normally be not more than 1200 words but we are happy to publish anything from just a paragraph of 200 words to the longer item with the only requirement being that it should be of interest or concern of the shellfish farming community. We particularly welcome photos to accompany articles or just of general interest. We also welcome experience accounts from other parts of the world.
Deadlines for copy are:- March 5th, June 4th, September 1st, December 1st.
- Articles or notices should meet these deadlines.
- Advertising costs are £200 full page, £100 half page and £50 quarter page. Members of the ASSG can place small ads free of charge (less than a quarter page).
- YEARLY CONTRACTS—adverts can be booked for a 4 issue contract with a discount on the above prices – (£720 for 4 full page ads, £360 for 4 issues of half page £180 for 4 quarter page ads).
- Payment for a four issue contract will be payable after the first insertion.
- Leaflet insertion is charged at £160.00
- Any enquiries should be addressed to the editor, Dr Janet H Brown
- Adverts should be submitted as high resolution Adobe files, or Jpegs or Word documents
- Seek advice for the Editor if you are unsure.
- Adverts in other formats cannot be accepted.
Join the Association of Scottish Shellfish Growers
Membership of the ASSG offers numerous benefits to shellfish growers and those in allied sectors.
Missed the ASSG Conference? Download the presentations from our speakers