The Grower, October 2021
With sadly still no ASSG conference this year the October issue of The Grower has appeared later than usual so with even more up to date news.
With COP 26 opening later this month in Scotland Nick Lake discusses this in his CEO’s column and possibly stirs some comment. Also in this issue:
- New developments in farming mussels in the Cromarty Firth in association with Shetland
- News of in-person shellfish conference to be held at Neeltje Jans, The Netherlands
- News that NORA 4 will now be online
- Seafood promotion in Mull
- Opportunities with Lantra traineeships
- Book review – Molluscan Shellfish Aquaculture
- Crown Estate Scotland (CES) – new report on prospects for expansion in Scottish shellfish sector
In short plenty to read – enjoy!
2020 / 2021 Back issues of The Grower
2019 Back issues of The Grower
Further back issues
“The Grower” is the Newsletter of the Association of Scottish Shellfish Growers.
Advertising in the Grower 2021.
“The Grower” is the Newsletter of the Association of Scottish Shellfish Growers. It is published quarterly in March, June, September December. It is distributed as hard copy to all members of the Association and to Government and Policy organisations and contributors. It is also published on the Association web site www.assg.org.uk and there is an extensive and highly targeted mailing list which extends its coverage to all parts of the globe.
The newsletter welcomes submission of any material relevant to the interests of shellfish farmers. Articles should normally be not more than 1200 words but we are happy to publish anything from just a paragraph of 200 words to the longer item with the only requirement being that it should be of interest or concern of the shellfish farming community. We particularly welcome photos to accompany articles or just of general interest. We also welcome experience accounts from other parts of the world.
Deadlines for copy are:- March 5th, June 4th, September 1st, December 1st.
- Articles or notices should meet these deadlines.
- Advertising costs are £200 full page, £100 half page and £50 quarter page. Members of the ASSG can place small ads free of charge (less than a quarter page).
- YEARLY CONTRACTS—adverts can be booked for a 4 issue contract with a discount on the above prices – (£720 for 4 full page ads, £360 for 4 issues of half page £180 for 4 quarter page ads).
- Payment for a four issue contract will be payable after the first insertion.
- Leaflet insertion is charged at £160.00
- Any enquiries should be addressed to the editor, Dr Janet H Brown
- Adverts should be submitted as high resolution Adobe files, or Jpegs or Word documents
- Seek advice for the Editor if you are unsure.
- Adverts in other formats cannot be accepted.
Join the Association of Scottish Shellfish Growers
Membership of the ASSG offers numerous benefits to shellfish growers and those in allied sectors. Join now and support the industry for 2021. Do please support the industry at these challenging Covid-19 and Brexit times.
Missed the ASSG Conference? Download the presentations from our speakers